Yae is a girl who seems to be in her early teenage years. Her clothing consists of robes worn by swordsmen in kabuki. It is better known as traditional clothing for samurai. Her obi, the cloth wrapped around her waist, seems to be specialized to her taste, so it has a cyan bow on it. Her hair also has a large red bow in it. One thing that differentiates her clothing from that of a traditional samurai is her sandals, which are slightly more modernized than the traditional wooden clogs. Her ponytail in the anime seems to be more spread out than in the light novel and in the manga.
- Swordsmanship - Throughout the series, Yae is seen to have exceptional skills over the katana. Although she is seen having two katanas, she normally uses one.
- Throwing - While ranged attacks aren't Yae's specialty, Yae does seem to throw well and have decent accuracy as seen when she lobbed a dullahan-like monster's head at its body. This caused the monster to be stunned for a bit as it tried to put its head back onto its body.
- Reflex - Yae has above-average reflexes most likely due to training. This was shown when she immediately reacted after her katanas were missing when Touya used Aports on them.
- Magic - Yae's aptitudes are unknown.
- ↑ Light Novel Volume 1, Chapter 2