|Spoiler Alert: The following article has information not currently present in the anime or manga. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
Yae is a girl who seems to be in her early teenage years. Her clothing consists of robes worn by swordsmen in kabuki. It is better known as traditional clothing for samurai. Her obi, the cloth wrapped around her waist, seems to be specialized to her taste, so it has a cyan bow on it. Her hair also has a large red bow in it. One thing that differentiates her clothing from that of a traditional samurai is her sandals, which are slightly more modernized than the traditional wooden clogs. Her ponytail in the anime seems to be more spread out than in the light novel and in the manga.
Yae is a person who deeply loves family and honoring debts. She is passionate about two things, sword-fighting and food.
Yae was born in the country of Eashen along her brother. She and her brother were both trained in swordsmanship.She made the decision to travel to improve her martial arts
- Swordsmanship - Throughout the series, Yae is seen to have exceptional skills over the katana. Although she is seen having two katanas, she normally uses one.
- Throwing - While ranged attacks aren't Yae's specialty, Yae does seem to throw well and have decent accuracy as seen when she lobbed a dullahan-like monster's head at its body. This caused the monster to be stunned for a bit as it tried to put its head back onto its body.
- Reflex - Yae has above-average reflexes most likely due to training. This was shown when she immediately reacted after her katanas were missing when Touya used 「Aports」 on them.
- Improved Fighting Power - it is Yae's "FAMILY TRAIT" (眷属特性, Kenzoku Tokusei?). As a "FAMILY" (眷属, Kenzoku?) of Moroha Mochizuki, she is bestowed by the god's divine power with increased fighting power.
- Sacred Ring - Yae received platinum gold ring from World God as wedding gift which was given through the great spirits. The ring is a sacred treasure which can act as receiver for Touya's divine power.
- "Let me keep on your side until the end of our life, my husband!" - Yae before her wedding kiss.