|Spoiler Alert: The following article has information not currently present in the anime or manga. Do not proceed unless you want to be spoiled. |
God (神様 Kamisama?), later called as World God (世界神様 Sekai Kamisama?) is an Omnipotent God who controls what occurs in the world that Touya currently in and his previous world. When he come down to the world, he posed as Touya's grandfather and uses Shinnosuke Mochizuki (望月神之助 Mochizuki Shinnosuke?) as his name .
God is an old man with gray hair. He has long eyebrows and a long beard. His hair is slicked back, and he wears a pair of black glasses. For clothes, he wears light brown robes with a darker brown robe on top.
God is a gentle man who seems to be unfazed by anything but mistakes, as seen when he was fervently apologizing for killing Touya from a stray lightning bolt. This also shows that God is not conceited like most representations of a higher power, but he is rather modest. God also seems quite diligent as he follows the rules even with such massive power that is granted by being a higher power.
- Longevity - World God shown as a being with possibly unlimited longevity or immortality.
- Lightning Bolt - World God can summon lightning bolt whenever and wherever he likes.
- Divinity Release (
神威解放Shini-kaihō?) - World God has a dazzling divine aura which will overwhelm other lower beings. He can control this aura intensity at will. According to Touya, World God's divine aura is gold colored.
- Space-Time Manipulation - World God can move across the multiverse, stop the flow of time, and selectively stop the flow of time at will.
- Material Manipulation - World God can create anything from other thing on his surrounding. For example, World God recreated Touya's body and soul using material in Divine Realm.
- Resurrection - World God can resurrect dead human.
God and Touya are the first characters to appear in the series, they are in Heaven where God apologizes to Touya for accidentally killing him with lightning as Touya reacts calmly since it was a mistake. God was surprised by the latter's reaction as Touya explained he was taught not to be overacting to a mistake. Touya asked if he will be judged but God states he is resurrecting Touya but states he is improving so he'll better survive before he sends him to the world where this story takes place. Since Touya's cell phone has God's number, God calls to check if it works, and he confirms that it does.
- "Those are the rules. I cannot apologize enough for these inconvenient circumstances."
- "I sincerely apologize for the trouble this has caused you."
- When Touya and God where discussing about Touya's future, both were drinking tea. The tea stems in the tea where both vertical, which signifies good luck.
- His alias, Shinnosuke, is written in kanji as 新之助, which contains the kanji 神, meaning God